What is COG?
COG is the Concours Owners Group. It’s an AMA Chartered, 501(c)(7) non-profit, volunteer run organization of Kawasaki Concours and GTR owners, enthusiasts, and friends. You can read more on the About COG web page.
Who can join COG?
We welcome the riders of ANY brand or model of motorcycle as members and at any of our events. Most of our active members and associates reside primarily in the United States and Canada, but there are some members residing in other parts of the world.
What are the benefits of joining COG?
COG typically has hundreds of events each year in the US & Canada alone, not to mention the events in Europe and the rest of the world. The events include: Group rides, regional rallies, maintenance sessions, coffee get-togethers, etc. as well as an annual National Rally. COG membership also includes a subscription to Concourier our quarterly newsletter, access to the member only pages of COGMOS, discounts on events, access to COG online store, and much more. For full details visit our Membership Benefits page.
What are the COG membership levels and dues?
Regular, Regular+Associate, and Industry Memberships. For details on the membership levels and dues, visit our Join COG Today! page.
How do I join COG?
- Read or print the following instructions then Click on this Member Registration link.
- Enter your email address in the “I Am a New Visitor” box and select Join Now.
- Select the membership plan of your choice. Details of the different plans are on the Join COG Today! page.
- Enter your details on the next page. Please provide current and accurate contact information. If you don’t have all the information at the time of registration don’t worry you can enter this and your personal profile later. An account with fake contact and registration information may be locked, deactivated, or deleted without notice.
- Guest Memberships. Those simply wanting access to the COG Public facing forum will have finished at this point, and may login to the system to read and post to the public sections of our forum.
- New Members will be invited to enter their credit card information to pay their membership fees. Once your payment has been verified you will have immediate access to the COGMOS.
- Members not wishing to pay online may pay their membership fees by check/mail to the using the address on the mail in PDF-Membership Application form. However they will not have access to COGMOS or receive any membership benefits until their membership fee has been processed
- Once your membership fee has been received either online or by mail, our Membership Director will send you your new membership welcome pack.
How do I renew my COG Membership using COGMOS?
Once you have created your member account on COGMOS, you will receive renewal notifications via email with a link to use to begin the online renewal & dues payment process. You are also welcome to mail in a hard copy renewal form with payment. You may also begin the renewal process manually by clicking here and using the Returning Members and Visitors section.
How do I “Upgrade” my Guest Membership to become a full member of COG?
To upgrade your Guest Membership you simply need to choose a full membership plan and pay the COG Membership Fee online. Please click here for detailed instructions on how to upgrade without creating a duplicate account. Or use you may also begin a manual renewal process by clicking here and using the Returning Members and Visitors section.
I am already a COG member, how do I access COGMOS?
Simply contact COG’s Membership Officer via email (membership @ cog-online.org) to get your user name and password. Once you receive your user name and password you can log in by selecting ”Member Area” at the bottom of the main menu. Should your membership fees be due, you can pay online by selecting My Info and the Pay Membership Fees at the bottom of the My Info page.
Can an Associate Member have their own account on COGMOS?
Absolutely! COGMOS has the ability for associate members to have their own account with their own profile and account settings. The account is linked to the “parent” account and both share the same membership plan. Associates wanting to setup an account register for their account in the same way as a member i.e first creating a Guest account online, that will then be upgraded to a full Associate Membership by our Membership Director.
Can non-members register for COG events?
Yes, events may be designated as COG member-only, open to the public, or both. An additional benefit of joining COG is that many events are subsidized for members.
Where is the COGMOS data stored?
COG data is stored on a dedicated Memberize server maintained at an industry-leading data center. The infrastructure is monitored and supported by network administrators 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Various Intrusion Detection Systems and a hardware-based firewall protect the network. The data is backed-up nightly with tapes stored off-site.
Who is Memberize?
Memberize is one of the leading companies that specialize in providing online membership solutions for clubs like COG. Memberize has an agreement that guarantees they will not use COG data, contact our members, or sell our membership lists.
What about credit card security?
Payment processing is handled by an industry-leading, highly secure encrypted gateway, with all transactions going through a secure socket layer.
What about COG Member privacy?
Only our designated Administrators have access to members data. Members may elect to display their contact and other personal information to other members, or they may elect to keep this information private.
Why does my online payment fail?
If you are having issues with paying online, please try the following before your contact our IT Officer:
• Try a different browser, IE, Chrome, Firefox in many cases this will resolve the issue.
Sometimes cookies or cached copies of the page can interfere with the payment processing.
• Try making the payment from a different PC/laptop.
It may be that firewall, antivirus, or security settings on the PC are the issue.
• Try making the payment on a different network home/office.
Sometimes network, proxy, or other security settings block the connection.
In some cases clearing the cache of the page (Ctrl Refresh, or Ctrl Shift Refresh) may fix the problem, or by deleting any cookies related to cog-online.org may resolve the problem. However I suggest you try the other solutions first..